Acne as a Profitable Niche Market
Today, between 40 million and 50 million Americans suffer from atopic dermatitis which is acne. Although acne mainly affects adolescents, it is also present in children and adults. One study found some degree of facial acne in 54% of women and 40% of men older than 25 years.
Stress is one of the most common causes of acne. That’s because it causes the body to produce excess cortisol and other hormones in response, and these hormones trigger the overproduction of sebum in the skin.
The market for acne related products is HUGE, filled with people who are dealing with really serious problems and they are looking for urgent solutions.
These people are willing to try anything and ready pay good money to solve their problems.
Having acne isn’t just an issue; it affects their confidence, makes them feel unattractive, and makes them socially awkward.
When you have a problem like that, you are willing to pay for a solution. Fortunately, there are plenty of solutions you can offer them.
These factors make this a HOT niche that’s waiting for someone like you to take advantage of it.
Let’s examine the demand
In addition to over 50 million Americans alone suffering from it, the main keyword has over half a million searches every month, so it doesn’t get much bigger than that.
Every month, over 60,000 people search for treatment and solutions to their embarrassing problem.
These are just the obvious keywords. There are thousands more.
Why You Should Get Involved in This Niche
No one likes to have embarrassing problems, which is why a solution should be found as soon as possible.
With more than 50 million Americans suffering from this horrible problem, this is a market with an endless supply of new customers looking for solutions.
The market is worth $3 billion, so even if you capture just 0.01%, you’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.
You can rake in the cash while improving people’s lives by offering them solutions to their embarrassing problems.
In addition to acne, there are other problems such as lack of self-confidence, social anxiety, and feeling unattractive. You can make money by addressing these issues as well.
There are over 24,000 acne-related products on Amazon, ranging from skin care products to treatments, all of which sell like crazy and have at least 100 reviews each.
It’s not hard to make sales in embarrassing problems niches, as Clickbank offers 136 products with 75% commission rates.
More than 21,000 people have “liked” Acne on Facebook, which means there is a HUGE audience online and ready to listen to your solutions.
In Google Blog Search for this term, more than 4 million blog posts and pages are found, showing how much content exists on the topic, which can be used for research and article ideas – without requiring mind-numbing research.
The number of forums dedicated to this topic is at least ten, and that’s not including the hundreds of other skin care, beauty, and health forums you can use to find your target audience and find out what problems they are having.
Eighty five thousand active members are on just ten acne-related forums, all of them looking for a solution – a solution which you can supply through Clickbank.com and Amazon.
Almost always, embarrassing problem niches are profitable.
With these issues, people DEMAND a solution, as their lives are a living hell, and acne is no exception.
Everyone wants to avoid suffering, and they want someone to come along and help them. You can do that by suggesting products sold by retailers like Amazon.
There is no doubt that one of the most profitable niches in the world is this one. It has a huge market (50 million people), a lot of money spent ($3 billion annually), a lot of products (over 20,000) and desperate customers looking for a solution.
What You Need To Do To Get Started
It would be a great niche for a blog, product review site, information product or authority blog.
You’ll need the following:
- Dedicated hosting such as Digital Ocean or other
- Self hosted Wordpress install
- Domain name
- Premium theme for Wordpress
- Email Campaign software
- Look at acne forums for commonly asked questions. There are problems here that need answers. Look at the forum topics for answers.
- Create a mega-topic encompassing all the answers to the question, explaining it more in depth than anyone else has.
- Find passionate people on forums who answer questions in niches where you are not an expert (though acne will be easy for you if you’ve experienced it) to get content in.
- The majority of people outside of internet marketing won’t have a blog or be trying to earn money through the niche.
- Their enthusiasm and love of helping is contagious. It is likely they suffer from acne or have suffered from acne in the past.
- Your blog is a great way for many to have their work featured on your website.
- You can also get some acne content done for you here.
There are over 50 million people in this niche worldwide, so finding an audience online couldn’t be simpler. This niche is ideal for paid advertisements targeting Google and Facebook, but if you don’t have the money, don’t worry.
- Engage in acne and other skin care or health forums with clickable signatures. Provide useful answers and watch people visit your site. Comment on related blogs and approach the owners of those blogs for guest posting opportunities.
- Engage with people in the niche on Facebook and other social media platforms, post your content where it relates, and try to secure freelance writing from established bloggers and writers in the niche who already have an audience.
You may have to pay for it, but the content you get and the exposure you will get when they share it with their audience will be well worth it.
It won’t be too difficult to monetize through the Amazon and Clickbank affiliate programs. With $3 billion being spent worldwide every year, it shouldn’t be too difficult to find people to buy products from.
In a niche like this, people will jump on your product recommendations if you provide value in your content.
Your visitors should always be added to your email list so that you can continue to promote through email.
You can use an email list to build a relationship with your audience, drive traffic back to your new content, and promote products automatically. Don’t underestimate the importance of an email list – it can help your site grow 10x faster than if you don’t have one.
It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful
information with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
Thank you for sharing.
I found this article to be incredibly useful, the tips and strategies shared were practical and actionable.